Friday, 28 December 2007

General Semantics Videos and Keynotes

The Institute of General Semantics has released some items from the vaults:




I have to assume that every other tester on the planet will be as excited as I am by the release from the vaults by the Institute of General Semantics of audio, video and written material relating to GS.

  • Audio and Video Materials including contributions from Robert Anton Wilson, Wendell Johnson, Alfred Fleishman, and Irving Lee

  • Transcripts and recordings from the Korzybski Memorial Lectures including work from Abraham Maslow, Gregory Bateson, Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

I confess that I'm slightly less excited by videos from the 2006 GS conference but I'm sure I'll work through those as well.

GS has a lot of written work and presentation on the subject of human communication which is relevant to testing.

  • Irving Lee's 1952 snippet On Evaluating is a good introduction to test execution recording and defect raising.

  • Irving Lee's 1952 Words and Meanings is an enjoyable introduction to the topic of requirements based testing

I have a fondness for General Semantics and enjoy my membership subscription to etc.

These are videos that you won't find on youtube or google videos so head off to the IGS and download a few for offline enjoyment. I'm busy printing off a few choice keynote talks from the Korzybski lectures for spare moment reading. And I'm sure everyone else is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment